Please click on a partnership program below to learn more:
New York's 529 College Savings Program Direct Plan provides New York families with a tax-advantaged way to save for college through easy payroll deductions. You may add, change, or stop your payroll deductions at any time.
This is a state program that is not administered through Northwell, but eligible employees can benefit from the program. For more information, please visit the NY’s 529 College Savings Program website.
Long Term Care refers to assistance that a person with a physical or cognitive impairment needs to get through the day, which can be provided in any environment. The cost for this care is largely “out of pocket”.
Karp Loshak LTC Insurance Solutions are nationally ranked, award winning independent Long Term Care Insurance planning specialists who focus on your needs and find excellent value in a complex and changing landscape.
Why Long Term Care Insurance is important for your lifestyle, independence and dignity
- Q. If you needed extended care today, how would you pay for it? In 20 years? In 30 years?
- Q. How will the money that is used to pay for your care affect your INCOME, so you are able to age with choice of care and not burden others?
- Q. Isn’t planning now for independence and lifestyle a smart plan of action?
How you and your family benefit from Long Term
The financial and non-financial consequences that providing care brings will result in difficult decisions and compromise family dynamics. This is especially true for the sandwich generation, blended families, and solo agers.
Due to longevity, the desire for choice about who and where care is provided is front and center. An increase in chronic conditions for aging such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Covid long-haulers demands proactive LTC planning. Reduced government programs and increased costs for retirement lifestyle make LTC planning valuable, if not critical.
We evaluate the myriad of planning solutions in today’s marketplace and offer a comprehensive analysis of ALL solutions to maximize successful outcomes.
Affiliate with EVERY carrier nationally Navigate the sweet spots for planning given age, health and family history Compare the new planning solutions in the marketplace: Stand-alone LTC Insurance, Hybrid Life and LTC and Life Insurance with LTC Riders
Work with nationally recognized independent brokers to provide successful client outcomes
Karp Loshak LTC Insurance Solutions takes you from “Conversation to Contract”. This includes: an education of the LTC landscape, customized plan design, managing the underwriting process and professional follow up for a comprehensive LTC planning experience.
For more information, review the following:
- Program flier
- Intake form
- Website www.KarpLoshak.com/Northwell
- Schedule a consultation call for welcome and introductory discussion, or call 516-801-1419
In collaboration with the Long Island Housing Partnership, Northwell Health offers $5,000 in financial assistance to eligible employees when purchasing a home on Long Island. Employees would also be eligible for grant money through LIHP.
Employee eligibility requirements:
- Minimum one-year of employment
- Full- and .5 FTE part-time employees
- Not a current homeowner, or a homeowner at the time of application
- Interested in housing in Nassau or Suffolk counties (housing includes houses, condominiums and co-ops)
- Employee must be able to secure a mortgage if accepted into the program
- Meet income requirements stated below
Selection and process:
- Interested employee MUST contact the HR Service Center at 516-734-7000 or email email@example.com for an eligibility checklist
- LIHP will be notified of interested employee’s contact information and desired location
- Employee completes LIHP’s application and returns to LIHP
- Employee is confirmed or denied as eligible by LIHP
- *Process through LIHP could take a minimum of three months before employee is eligible to put offers in on homes
- LIHP evaluates financial information and other criteria by reviewing W-2 Statement
- If the employee is approved, they are required to attend two meetings with LIHP:
- Financial meeting to determine if they are eligible for a mortgage
- Information meeting discussing Grant allocation
- Employee then actively looks for a home
- Eligible employees are limited to forty recipients in each calendar year
- Employees who cannot find the desired home will rollover as eligible next year (employees can be active for two years)
Household Size and Income Requirements
House of one= $93,050, house of two= $106,350, house of three= $119,650, house of four= $132,950, house of five= $143,600, house of six= $154,250, house of seven= $164,850, house of eight or more= $175,500
Please note the maximum allowable income includes all income such as overtime, bonuses, pensions, social security, 401-K distributions, tips, etc. Your gross income cannot exceed the maximum annual income for your household size. The LIHP must project the income that will be received for the upcoming 12-month period.
Bethpage Federal Credit Union is Northwell's Federal Credit Union
As part of our partnership, Bethpage Federal Credit Union has special offerings for all Northwell employees who join!
- $100 bonus for direct deposit of $100 or more
- $25 bonus for referring a friend to Bethpage
- $500 off closing cost plus no application fee (a value of $95)
- Low rate credit cards with rewards and cash back options
- No monthly fee or minimum balance requirements on checking accounts
- Free online banking, mobile banking, bill pay and mobile check deposit
- More than 60 branches and 600 surcharge-free ATMs
Bethpage maintains 34 branch locations on Long Island and one at 111 26th Street in Manhattan. In addition, they have more than 60 branches and hundreds of surcharge-free ATM's in the tri-state region and thousands of shared service centers across the nation. New ATMs will be installed within our sites and facilities throughout the summer months.
Northwell Health employees who currently bank elsewhere can find out more about Bethpage for Northwell Health at bethpagefcu.com/northwellhealth.
This valuable program provides the opportunity for employees to receive financial assistance up to $5,000 per family, per lifetime for direct costs related to the adoption process. This program is for full time employees with one year of service in the health system
Thanks to generous donations from the ophthalmology community and in partnership with Davis Vision and Visionworks, Northwell Health team members can now access a pair of enhanced frame eyewear if they so choose.* The glasses shown below are available for a limited time at a special discounted price of $20 per pair while supplies last.
For more information, view the program flyer.