Healthy eating resources
Looking for support to keep you on track with your healthy eating goals? We know a one-size fits all approach doesn't work, so click through the following tools to find what works for you from your worksite to your home.
We know there is no one-size-fits-all approach to nutrition and health. We are all unique with different bodies, goals, backgrounds and tastes! A Registered Dietitian (RD) can tailor a healthful eating plan that is as special as you are. Northwell has a variety of nutritional services to support our team members and their families.
Learn about the nutrition services available to you!
Make the Northwell Healthy Choice
Interested in making the Northwell Healthy Choice? Team members can now sign up for a Healthy Choice Cook-Along. These virtual cooking classes make learning fun and delicious. We have two options available:
- Team building cook-along - Make a healthy and delicious meal from the comfort of your own home with your team members
- Family cooking class - In this 6 week series, have fun while cooking at home and learning how to use simple ingredients to make easy, delicious meals that also happen to be healthy, on budget, and family friendly
Look for the apple icon at your worksite to help you choose heart-healthy meals and snacks that meet our heart-healthy nutrition guidelines. Find it in our hospital cafeterias, markets and vending machines. Read more about our Northwell Healthy Choice commitment to serve our team members and community food that tastes good, is good for you, and supports the environment.
Need some fresh inspiration at home? We know that our team members lead busy lives. That's why we provide quick, easy-to- follow recipes and how-to videos to help make healthy cooking at home simpler and within reach. Our Healthy Choice recipes are made for you! Browse our how-to video and recipe library for family-friendly, on the go, quick weeknight meals, on budget and health condition specific options, or take home a printable recipe book to re-create our favorites with your family.Check out our how-to recipe videos and try one of our delicious recipes from the Northwell Healthy Choice Cookbook.
Get Groceries at a Discount
Fresh foods and top-notch service delivered directly to your door. We’ve partnered with Baldor Specialty Foods to offer team members groceries delivered directly to their homes at wholesale prices. Visit www.baldorfood.com to set up a customer account. Use the monthly discount code to receive a 10% discount. A $200 minimum spend is required in order to receive the discounted rate.
Tomato and Chickpea Salad
Chickpeas are an excellent source of plant-based protein in this delicious salad. The plant pigments that make our produce colorful not only look pleasing on a plate, but also provide variety of health benefits. Add more color to your plate and aim for at least 2 to 3 servings of vegetables and 2 servings of fruit each day.
Ordering-in for yourself or your team?
Employee Wellness has partnered with several local favorites to create delicious options that taste good and are good for you.
Take a look:
- Iavarone Bros. Northwell Healthy Choice menu
- Coliseum Northwell Healthy Choice menu
- Event Kings Northwell Healthy Choice menu
- Unidine (available at 2000 Marcus, 972 Brush Hollow Rd, 600 Community Dr, and limited services at 1111 Marcus)
Check out the nutrition programs on myWellness
By visiting northwell.edu/myWellness or the Virgin Pulse mobile app – to get healthy eating tips, digital coaching and great recipes, plus rewards for tracking.
- Virgin Pulse Nutrition Guide: Create a personalized nutrition profile to fine tune your eating habits and get health tips, plus rewards for tracking. Earn 150 reward points just for getting started.
- Journeys’ Eating Healthy self-guided courses. Connect daily at your convenience to start taking small steps on your journey to better nutrition like making room for more veggies, fitting in fruit, smart portioning, or eating the Mediterranean way.
- Zipongo’s searchable recipe database. Find hundreds of simple and delicious healthy recipes. Earn 20 reward points for browsing – favorite a recipe to earn 20 more.
- Healthy Habits: Start tracking habits, like Veggies on the Go, Over Served and 8 Glasses of Water, to boost your eating awareness. Get rewarded daily as you track your actions and build new habits.