Congratulations! Your new spouse or domestic partner is eligible to be added to your HBC benefits during your QLE Window, which is within 31 days of your marriage or change in domestic partner status, or you may wish to be covered on your spouse’s/partner’s benefit plan if you are eligible. You may also decline your current HBC benefits during your QLE Window if you become covered on your spouse’s/partner’s benefit plan.
If you elect coverage for a spouse, domestic partner, or civil union dependent, you MUST complete the Certification of Marriage, Civil Union, or Domestic Partnership. The certification can be returned by uploading it through the HBC benefits page, sending an email to HBCVerify@mybenefitexpress.com, or via fax to 1-224-828-7337 within 31 days of enrollment.
Actions to consider:
- Update your Beneficiaries to include your spouse/domestic partner.
- Add your spouse/domestic partner to your Medical, Dental, Vision, or Supplemental Medical plans, or decline HBC's coverage if you become covered under your spouse's/partners plans.
- Increase or decrease contributions to your Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) during your QLE window.
- Select or increase a Life Insurance policy (Permanent Life or Supplemental Term Life) for yourself or your spouse/domestic partner.
- MetLaw Legal Insurance – to create or change a will, or for help with a pre-nuptial agreement
- Enrollment in Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity or Accident plans to protect your family and your finances.