Having a Baby/Adopting?
Adding a new child to your family can be an exciting and happy time. To add a child to your benefits, HBC requires a Birth Certificate or Adoption Certificate to be returned to the Benefits Center via fax at 1-844-397-7261 during your QLE Window, which is within 31 days of you submitting your event. All documentation must include the HBC Qualifying Life Event fax cover sheet, which can be accessed here.
HBC makes resources available to you to help during this time.
The Maven Maternity Program is a virtual clinic for women and families that offers 24/7 support at every stage of your parenting journey. Sign up for around-the-clock support through pregnancy, postpartum, adoption, surrogacy, new parenthood, and returning to work after leave. Eligible Associates who are enrolled in one of HBC’s medical benefit plans, as well as their enrolled partners, receive full access to Maven at no cost. Learn more
HBC provides financial assistance for Adoption and Surrogacy. Learn more
Actions to consider:
- Add your child(ren) to your Medical, Dental, Vision, or Supplemental Medical plans
- Make additional contributions to your Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Update your Beneficiaries to include your child(ren)
- Select or increase a Life Insurance policy (Permanent Life or Supplemental Term Life) for yourself, your spouse/domestic partner, and/or your child(ren)
- Enroll for Legal Insurance for assistance in creating or changing a will
- Consider Hospital Indemnity Insurance to help cover expenses associated with a hospital stay
- Consider Accident Insurance to protect you and your loved ones in the event of injury