- All full-time Associates working 30 or more hours per week are eligible for all benefits.
- Part-time Associates scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week are eligible for dental, vision, FSAs, and supplemental benefits, which include Critical Illness, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Permanent Life, Legal Insurance, EAP and Commuter benefits.
- Part-time Associates scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week with at least one year of service are eligible for Adoption and Surrogacy benefits.
Please Note: The 401 (K) Plan has separate eligibility rules.
New Hire Waiting Periods
- Salaried and Hourly Associates' elected benefits become effective the 1st of the month following 60 days of continuous employment.
- Full-time Hourly Associates become eligible for Short-Term* and Long-Term Disability the 1st of the month following six months of continuous service.
- Your legal spouse or domestic partner (same-sex or opposite-sex)
- Your dependent children up to age 26 (age 22 for child life insurance), regardless of marital or student status
Only those dependents meeting the eligibility requirements may be enrolled for coverage. Contact the HBC Benefits Service Center at 1-800-498-8705 with questions regarding dependent eligibility. Social Security numbers will be required to enroll dependents.
Certification of Marital Status
Click here for the Certification of Marriage, Civil Union, or Domestic Partnership form. You are required to complete and submit this form when adding a new spouse, domestic partner, or civil union dependent who is NOT currently enrolled in medical coverage.
*Eligibility rules for Statutory Disability & Benefits apply based on your work state.